CALL FOR APPLICANTS TO CONDUCT A SURVEY: ANALYSING FACTORS AFFECTING ADOPTION OF CONSERVATION AGRICULTURE
1.1 BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
Trustees of Agricultural Promotion Program (TAPP) is implementing Sustainable Agriculture Lead Farmer Programme (SALFP) in Lilongwe, Ntchisi and Dowa districts, specifically in 5 Extension Planning Areas (EPAs) namely; Chiwamba, Mvera, Chibvala, Chipuka and Kanjiwa.
TAPP Invites qualified consultants to submit proposal to conduct a survey: Assess and analyse the factors affecting Conservation Agriculture technologies in our target areas.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The Overall objective of the survey is to assess and analyse the factors affecting Conservation Agriculture (CA) technologies. Specifically the survey intends to achieve the following areas:-
- To examine the level of adoption of Conservation Agriculture among farmers in Lilongwe, Ntchisi and Dowa districts.
- To determine the contribution of Conservation Agriculture on agricultural productivity among farmers in Lilongwe, Ntchisi and Dowa districts.
- To evaluate socio-economic factors and institutional factors that affect adoption of Conservation Agriculture in Lilongwe, Ntchisi and Dowa districts.
2.0 EXPECTED OUTPUT AND DERIVERABLES
- A commencement of the report (maximum 6-10 pages with a draft questionnaire to be used, a strategy and work plan on how to undertake factors affecting adoption of Conservation Agriculture survey and include a list of stake holders to be consulted).
- Draft a commencement report to be delivered to Trustee of Agriculture Promotion Programme within two weeks from the date of signing the contract.
3.0 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The Consultant should have BSc Degree in Social Science, Economics, Agronomy or Agriculture. Those with Msc. Degrees will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional, research or academic and consultancy experience.
- Skills in facilitation and coordination with strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven team leader, able to lead a team of data enumerators or research assistants.
- Demonstrated and strong analytical, research, presentation and report writing skills.
4.0 CALL FOR TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL PROPOSALS
Technical and financial proposals with relevant profiles of experts are therefore invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals, consulting firms or teams to undertake this exercise. The individuals, consulting firms or teams should be immediately available to commence work upon offer of the consultancy.
The technical proposal is required to describe fully how the Terms of Reference *Objectives) would be achieved and explain the approach and methodologies to be used, present a work-plan that outlines activities, duration and responsible experts. The financial proposal is required to detail the costs associated with the work-plan in local currency.
CVs of experts to carry out the assignment, relevant profile of previous consultancies carried out, contact telephone and, e-mail, postal and physical addresses for applicants and three traceable referees should accompany the proposals.
5.0 MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified consultants or consulting firms are invited to apply. Applicants should submit technical and financial proposals separately describing fully how the TORs/Objectives will be achieved, the methodologies and approaches to be used, detailed work-plans and activities, duration and detailed budgets costed in local curries based on the activities. In addition, applicants should provide their detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees.
Submissions marked “CONSERVATION AGRICULTURE – TECHNICAL/FINANCIAL PROPOSALS
The deadline for submission is 17th September, 2015. Applications should be submitted their Technical and financial proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Director
Likuni Road, after Lilongwe Cold Storage Co, Limited
Tel : (265)-111-649-815/16
Download the pdf version document